Saturday, November 17, 2007

The European Road trip!

To just drive through the entire Europe is indeed a dream come true for so many of us. First of all for me, as a tourist, with an U.K issued drivers licence it was very easy to get through all the check point of all the Euro member countries. The roads are so smooth and so well maintained and the people are so hospitable and are ready to help you at the drop of the hat.

I started my trip from London and it went all the way to Barcelona. Let me take you through my road trip and I hope that you all will get to experience what I had done in the last 2-3 weeks.
Like I said, I started from Piccadilly Square, with a nice breakfast of fish and chips in my tummy. Let me just say that the 'Fish and chips' is one of the most decent breakfasts that you can get in jolly old England and what is more, you get some reading material to go with it. And if you are in England, you can always get some of the most decent and not so costly accommodations available. From there , it was all the way to Paris, the city of love and amore'.

Sometimes the one thing you have to be on the lookout for as you drive to France is the strikes they often have here. The unions are often touchy and go on a complete strike quite often. Other than that, driving through Paris, you may find yourself getting overwhelmed by the way that they all drive here but just hang on. The roads are okay but the eateries that are located at almost every street corner, are just fantastic! With Paris, the accommodations are quite nice, and not so hard on the wallet either. The next stop on my road trip is the city of Berlin!

Berlin the city of beauty and operas, wherever you look, that place would have a story to tell. Berlin is indeed a city of passions and in places that you would never expect them. The Oktoberfest is a nice time to choose to visit Berlin, but remember to book your rooms ahead if you are planning to drive to Berlin during the Oktoberfest. Berlin and its surroundings will blow your mind away. Next stop, Barcelona!

Barcelona, the city of dreams with its ancient and quixotic history is indeed a place that one can just go on a short road trip and then settle there altogether. That is what I would have done if I did not have other responsibilities. Barcelona, is full of castles and nice restaurants. One cannot make just a short visit to Barcelona. One has to stay here for a bit longer and take everything in. Barcelona is beautiful and breathtaking, and do not worry , the accommodation here is not that expensive and is actually quite good! So, did you enjoy my road trip, hope you did and for accommodations and good and inexpensive places to stay, just go to the links above and that will take you to the respective cities! Ole!

Share This Article

From here you can use the Social Web links to save This article to a social bookmarking site.

Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Spurl Yahoo Simpy

No comments: